Your security is our top priority
As your trusted advisor and fiduciary, it is our job to help keep your money safe. Read about how we do that in this section.
Investment Management by Committee, Not Individuals
In many firms, individuals get investment advice from just one person. While this is quite common, we believe it poses a risk. One person, no matter how experienced, can be unduly influenced by their own biases. They also might be undergoing a stressful event or circumstance that might cloud their judgment. This could have very negative impacts on your money.
Since we’re charged with safeguarding your assets, we believe a much higher level of risk management is needed. Large institutions and corporations demand more, why shouldn’t you?
Instead, at Linscomb & Williams, all investment selection is done by our Investment Committee. With a committee, all investment decisions are made by the group, helping minimize the possibility of a single person’s bias impacting our clients’ investments.
Our investment committee is also quite unique, in that it includes:
- A well-rounded group of advisors with varied backgrounds to provide different perspectives.
- Leadership from Chief Investment Officer, Ryan Patterson, CFA, CFP®.
- Individuals with respected financial credentials (Certified Public Accountants, attorneys, MBAs, and others).
- A disciplined process is followed to ensure that all investment decisions are well-reasoned and debated.
- Members of our Investment Committee are required to have “skin in the game”. Meaning, they must invest their own personal funds in the same holdings we recommend for clients. This practice helps to ensure that our Investment Committee’s interests are completely aligned with yours.
This is just another way Linscomb & Williams is watching out for you.
Third Party Custodians
At Linscomb & Williams, we’re a Registered Investment Advisor and we partner with highly recognized, significant banking institutions that specialize in keeping your assets secure.
This way, you get a double layer of security. You’ll always receive reporting from Linscomb & Williams and from the custodian. This gives you additional peace of mind that your money is held safely.