Your Trusted Advisors
Advisors, not Salespeople
At Linscomb & Williams, we’re financial advisors, not product salespeople. Our services focus on providing you advice that is developed in your best interest as our priority.
Your Trusted Advisors
We serve as your fiduciary, meaning we are legally required to act in your best interest. As a fiduciary, we take our role, as your trusted advisor, very seriously. That means applying the strategies and discipline we’ve developed over decades of market and financial experience.
You don’t work with just one advisor; you work with an entire team. Your team is there to help set you on your path to reach your goals. Once you’re on your way, we aim to keep you on course with steady progress.
Experience That Counts
We believe experience is the best teacher. With market cycles, the learning curve can span decades. A well-intentioned, but relatively new firm may not have gone through the entire learning curve.
We’ve been in business for over 50 years. Our team has seen a wide variety of market conditions.
- Our average senior advisor has over 20 years of experience.
- Many of our advisors have a background in law and/or accounting, in addition to finance.
- Many individuals on our team possess many industry credentials which require continuing education. We value continual learning.
In-House Investment Management
A growing trend with independent advisors is to outsource the entire investment management function, then focus on financial planning. This is an easy, time-saving strategy for financial advisory firms, but we believe it can create additional risk and expense for you:
- You may often end up with a ‘model portfolio’ based solely on your age, which may or may not be appropriate
- Your financial advisor usually has only a basic understanding of what the outsourced manager is doing and his or her strategies
- The outsourced money manager does not usually communicate with you directly, and may rarely communicate with your advisor.
- The outsourced manager does not know you, your goals, concerns, or tolerance for risk
- The outsourced manager is not able to consider how your other assets are invested
The potential outcome can be very negative. Bottom line, this is rarely a positive for you.
Instead of following this trend, Linscomb & Williams does it the way we always have: in-house.
Investment Expertise, at your service
With Linscomb & Williams, our investment managers are part of your team. We get to know your needs, preferences, prior experiences, to serve you.
We also tailor your investments specifically for you. We believe this is one way to carefully control your risk, instead of simply assuming that all investors your age have the same financial goals and needs. This way, you don’t get a generic portfolio, you get what’s best for you.
Because everything happens in-house, you can get timely answers about your investments.